History of The Mitre
The Mitre is a Grade II listed building located on the High Street and Turl Street and has been owned by Lincoln College since 1475. It was donated to the College by the Bishop of Lincoln.
It has always been an Oxford Inn. The vaulted cellars are medieval and parts of the building date from every century since. The main accommodation on the High Street was re-built in 1631. While the ground floor remains a pub, the rooms above are occupied by the students of Lincoln College during the term and by guests in the holiday periods. The building has recently undergone an extensive three year renovation, completed in February 2021.